Foods High In Magnesium – Magnesium is considered a vital mineral, but the only problem is that our bodies cannot produce the mineral itself. We have to supply our body with magnesium through food every day. But which foods are high in magnesium? Find out here how you can get the list of high magnesium foods.
Table of Contents
List of Foods High In Magnesium
Many foods contain magnesium. But only a few have a high magnesium content. In America, most people cover about two-thirds of their daily magnesium requirements through bread and soft drinks. The rest comes mainly from milk, dairy products, and fruit.
1. Top of the list of magnesium-rich foods
Wheat Bran, Pumpkin Seeds, and Sunflower Seeds
Foods particularly rich in magnesium are wheat bran, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds:
- Sunflower seeds: about 420 mg magnesium/ 100 g
- Pumpkin seeds: about 535 mg magnesium/ 100g
- Wheat bran: about 550 mg magnesium/ 100 g
A related video about “Dr. Oz on How Pumpkin Seeds Boost Immunity” to watch.
“Dr. Oz explains how the zinc in one cup of pumpkin seeds help you fight a cold and shares a recipe for a pumpkin smoothie.”
Video Credit: DoctorOz
2. Magnesium-rich food with many calories
Nuts and Dark Chocolate
Dark chocolate and cashew nuts are also magnesium-rich foods. The problem is that they not only provide plenty of magnesium but are also real calorie bombs.
- Peanuts: about 163 mg magnesium / 100 g
- Cashew nuts: approx. 270 mg magnesium / 100 g
- Dark chocolate: about 290 mg magnesium / 100 g
3. Among the foods rich in magnesium
Wholemeal Flour, Oat Flakes, and Wholemeal Bread
Whole grain products are in right midfield when it comes to magnesium-rich foods. In addition to oat flakes and wholemeal bread, wholemeal pasta can also help to cover the daily magnesium requirement.
- Wholemeal bread: about 90 mg magnesium / 100 g
- Oat flakes: about 140 mg magnesium/ 100 g
- Wholemeal flour: approx. 155 g magnesium/ 100 g
4. Other foods containing magnesium
Other foods containing magnesium include bananas, Emmental, and raspberries. Besides, there is a whole range of green foods such as broccoli, peas, or beans that can help to improve the magnesium intake.
However, one would have to consume quite a lot to reach the daily magnesium requirement* of around 300 – 400 mg of magnesium per day, for example, six to seven bananas:
- Peas: about 33 mg magnesium/ 100g
- Broccoli: approximately 24 mg/100g
- Bananas: about 36 mg magnesium / 100 g
- Beans: 25 mg/ 100 g
- Emmental: about 33 mg magnesium/ 100 g
- Raspberries: about 30 mg magnesium / 100 g
5. Foods rich in magnesium
For example, more than 100 milligrams of magnesium per 100 grams contains the following foods:
- Whole rice
- Whole grain rice
- Brown rice
- Green vegetables
- Sesame seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Whole grain
- Whole-grain products
- Whole grain flour
- Qat flakes
6. Foods with an average amount of magnesium
These foods contain about 20 to 100 milligrams of magnesium per 100 grams:
- Polished rice
- Dairy products
- Fruits (soft fruits and bananas)
7. Foods with little magnesium
However, up to 20 milligrams of magnesium per 100 grams are still getting found in:
- Lamb’s lettuce
- Endive salad
- Heavily processed foods
Mineral water has different magnesium content. Some mineral waters even contain more than 80 milligrams of magnesium per liter and can make a significant contribution to meeting the reference value. However, anyone who wants to know precisely should take a look at the ingredients.
Feel free to share this article with someone who has an interest in foods high in magnesium.
For Below Links Disclaimer: We wish you like the goods we recommend. FYI: Buzz This Viral may receive a commission of sales or other benefits from the links on this page. Prices are accurate and items in stock as of the time of writing.
Check out here magnesium related products on Amazon:
- Natural Vitality Calm #1 Selling Magnesium Citrate Supplement, Anti-Stress Magnesium Supplement Drink Mix Powder- Raspberry Lemon, Vegan, Gluten-Free and Non-GMO (Package May Vary), 16 oz 113 Servings – See On Amazon
- Doctor’s Best High Absorption Magnesium Glycinate Lysinate, 100% Chelated, TRACCS, Not Buffered, Headaches, Sleep, Energy, Leg Cramps, Non-GMO, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Soy Free, 100 mg, 240 Tablets – See On Amazon
- Magnesium Glycinate Complex 400 mg High Absorption 100% DV Chelated – Formulated for Calm, Sleep, Muscle Relaxation & Recovery, Maximum Bioavailability, Vegan For Men Women, 60 Capsules Lux Supplement – See On Amazon
- Sundown Magnesium, 500 mg (180 Coated Caplets) Mineral Supplement, Meets Daily Recommended Intake (Packaging May Vary), Vegetarian, Non-GMOˆ, Free of Gluten, Dairy, Artificial Flavors – See On Amazon
- ASUTRA Magnesium Chloride Bath Flakes, 2 lbs | For Foot & Body Soaks| Relieve Muscle Cramps | Fight Joint Pain | Stress, Anxiety, Headache Relief | Pure Zechstein | Absorbs Faster Than Epsom Salts – See On Amazon